You’d never rush into a major purchasing decision without doing your research first. You want to know everything about a product before you spend a lot of money on it, right? Buying a snow plow is definitely a big purchase and one that requires a lot of considerations. Ask yourself and your snow plow dealer a few important questions before you open up your wallet and buy a new snow plow:
- Plow lifespan: Depending on the size, snow plows can be pretty expensive; the last thing you want to do is pay for a brand-new plow each winter. One of the best assets a quality snow plow can have is a long lifespan. Experts say your plow should hold up for at least 10 winters before it needs to be replaced. One thing you’ll find time and time again is the durability of Boss plows in Eau Claire, WI. The quality materials Boss uses in manufacturing ensure a long-lasting product.
- Plow duties: Boss makes all different sizes of plows, which can accommodate any user and any job. If you’re simply planning on plowing your driveway, there’s no reason to go out and purchase the biggest and most expensive plow on the market. However, if you’re a contractor with a lot of work to do this winter, buying a more expensive plow is probably a good investment. Our friendly sales staff can help match you with the ideal plow for the duties you’ll be tackling this winter.
- Your vehicle’s size: Larger plows obviously need to be attached to bigger trucks. If you only need one of Boss’ smaller plows to manage snow on your driveway or other places on your property, you’ll probably only need a half-ton vehicle. Boss even makes plows that can attach to your ATV or UTV! On the other hand, if you’ll be doing a lot of commercial work, a smaller truck or ATV simply won’t do. You’ll need to own at least a ¾ ton pickup truck that can accommodate a commercial blade. You’ll also probably need a system in your truck bed to spread salt and sand on the road.
- Your budget: Boss sells plows that can fit within any budget. Visit our sales floor to find out how we can set you up with a plow that won’t break the bank.
- New or used: Saving a few hundred dollars on a used snow plow can be a good idea for folks who won’t be using it day in and day out. However, those who will be using their plow every day should definitely consider buying a new Boss plow from our store. We’re currently offering a $250 rebate on all Boss plows, and 5 percent off on all Boss parts for life!
Don’t wait for the snow to pile up—buy a plow today! Give Linings of Eau Claire LLC a call to learn more about all of our Boss plows in Eau Claire, WI. Our line currently includes EXT, HTX Plows, Loader Plows and Skid Steer Plows. Come see which plow will be best for your needs this winter and beyond!